It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:38 am

The Second Punic War 

Post The Second Punic War
So, I have decided to start about doing a second punic war campaign, which will take a while to get going, but I would like to do a series of grand battles, giving me an excuse to collect a new carthaginian force, and a new republican roman force. If there is anyone with more experience converting battle orders to table top miniatures, I would appreciate the help. I want to start with the big ones, battle of trebia, lake trasimene, cannae, and zama. after seeing how these big four play out, I may go back and explore the other battles of the war.

how does one go about converting troop numbers to a game of War and Conquest? for example, I want to play at around 4000 to 5000 points. the battle of trebia took place with about 40000 carthaginians, consisting of 20000 formed infantry, 10000 cavalry, and 8000 slingers/supporting skirmish infantry, with an ambush force of 1000 cavalry and 1000 infantry held in reserve. the romans fought with roughly 16000 legionary infantry, 1200 cavalry, and 20000 allied italians.

http://wacmedievalproject.blogspot.com/

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:34 pm