It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:04 am

Orc and Goblin Version 1a March 2014 UPDATED 
Site Admin

Post Orc and Goblin Version 1a March 2014 UPDATED
Finally, the Orcs (and Goblins) are here, ready to crush all before them :mrgreen:

Attachment:
Orcs and Goblins v1a.pdf [676.81 KiB]
Downloaded 792 times

This did take longer than expected to complete, but in conjunction with the Dwarf list, gives me a good blueprint for the other planned races

As with all War & Conquest/Sorcery army lists, I really do welcome comments and suggestions

Small update added, although no doubt more will get noticed!

Many thanks!

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Post Re: Orc and Goblin Version 1a March 2014 UPDATED
Hey all,

Managed to dust of my shadow goblins for a game of War and Sorcery. Hopefully report will be up over the next weekend.
Have to say, the magic works really well, it didn't slow the game down and felt fair, also still really enjoy the WaC.

Having fielded a all Shadow goblins list against a 100yrs war English army and wizard, there are a couple of questions:

1- Shadow Goblins with thrusting spear at 7pts? I ask, as my poor goblins gladly took on the enemy billmen who were 8pts,
but for that extra 1pt they had better combat (and i think morale), ap1, no undisciplined rule and no argumentative rule... just made my goblins feel a bit pricey
and after all they are goblins....

2 - Argumentative skirmishers.... fair enough they squabble, but how are charges made if they fail? i assume glancing attack, but does that mean they can
glance attack the front of the enemy battle formation?

3 - Goblin warriors have the "weight of numbers rule" which is awesome, goblin archers have the warband rule... not so awesome

4 - Trolls! Loved the idea of the trolls in units, looks cool and makes sense in my book. I just felt they are again quite pricey for the C2 and no ap. I might
be happier paying the points if they were can openers. But with no ap i don't think they're worth it at 66pts. Plus some AP in a goblin force would be nice
as everyone seems to bother with armour!

Just my thoughts!

Dha weles!

Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:06 pm
Site Admin

Good to hear the game went well, I do have some streamlining for the magic system, but got side-tracked by writing too many spells, so I need to sub divide them down

In answer

1 - Shadow goblins with thrusting spears do fight in 3 ranks (if you have them) in subsequent rounds of combat and are Mo 6, so slightly better than the average gobbo - the points are correct - of course the enemy ap 1 cancelled out the AV1 of the goblin so that probably made them feel worse than they were

2 - Good question - make the glancing attack seems OK but I will take a look at that and perhaps consider deleting Argumentative from skirmishing orcs/goblins - thoughts welcome

3 - warband is actually weight of numbers and surge - however, of course surge is replaced by Argumentative so that's a cut and paste error by me and I will correct in next version

4 - OK that's a fair point on the CA2, so CA3 is probably a better choice - the trolls are KA4 though and have 4 strikes, so will give thought to the AP choice - I would like ogres to be more 'can opener' types but the trolls could also have a bit more power - they do bring Impact 2 to the party on the charge though so will need to consider some balance

Thanks for the comments - very helpful, look forward to the report

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Cheers!

1- After some checking turns out billman are c2 for the points not c3 (opponent got it wrong)... so gobbo points seem fair.

2 - Hard call on the skirmishers, as skirmishers can be quite powerful, while argumentative ones are awkward as they fail to do their job. But have to say nice to have proper skirmishers in my goblin force.... nearly feels like a proper army!

3 - had a feeling that was the case ;)

4 - Again interesting... as i see a troll as being slow and unskillful so i'm ok with C2, but it hit should be hard if does clobber you... so maybe K4 Ap2 and maybe reduce to Impact 1.. as impact 2 would be more a unit of them..

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:34 pm