It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Forest Elves 

Post Forest Elves
Forest Elves are on the way, spent a bit of time yesterday and today filling out some unit options, special rules and background information.

I'll have another crack at it tomorrow now, with some Legends of War and Magic needed.

Ideas welcome...

:mrgreen:

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Post Re: Forest Elves
A special "mince" movement capability that outmanouevres the enemy and allows them to be taken from the rear? ;) ;) ;)

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:27 pm

Haha nice idea, not sure how we will be able to portray that without changing the rules significantly, I guess a liberal use of imagination will be needed...

:D

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:22 pm
Site Admin

I would suggest that woods do not hamper their movement, and in the magic section they can summon a wood, or use SIPs to place one.

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:20 pm

I’d prefer to see the Forrest Elves roll an additional die when dicing to move though wooded areas.

Also sprites could attack or frighten opponents when in a wood.

Carry on Rory.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Possible rule for the fluffy movement thing could be something along the lines of this....

Forest Elves be good at ambushing or out-manoeuvring their opponent and to represent this they gain an additional D6 when rolling for the very first Strategic Advantage, after the battle commences it's considered the opposing general is wise enough to counter the ambush and each strategy roll is worked out as normal.

I like the idea of summoning a wood, if it's a spell then it could work if it only lasts for one round (normal spell) remains in play (dangerous spell) permanent (deadly) only problem is that would create the possibility of the whole board being covered in woods which could become frustrating. Unless they could only summon one per Magical Intervention Point ? Or the Magic User looses a Magical Intervention Point whilst the spell remains in play ??

I think the sprite thing also could be a spell rather than a permanent fixture of every wood. They could summon the spites to help them perhaps ?

I like the idea of of the forest elves moving around in the woods freely I think that could even be extended to fighting too ?

Thanks for the ideas
Rory

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:19 pm

More seriously now :? How about some sort of spell or ability that allows Wood Elves to summon the woodland spirits such that enemy units near woods get attacked and those in the woods get hit harder?

Matt

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:55 pm