It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 pm

The Ratmen 
Site Admin

Post The Ratmen
As the subject got mentioned on the War & Conquest yahoo group, I thought I would open up a topic here for discussion.

Generally I imagine the rats being reasonably quick on their feet (see the Elves) with the main blocks being 'craven' and so unless they outnumber the enemy, reluctant to attack.

There will be 'the black guard' black furred rats who are much better fighters and morale. These can also provide leaders and other heroes.

White rats can have more 'seer' like qualities
Some rats (or their weapons or magic) can carry or spread disease

I am aware a certain company made the rats quite 'engineer based' and once we have a few basic profiles complete, I am sure the community will create the required variations.. :mrgreen:

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Post Re: The Ratmen
As well as the obvious ratty traits a couple of other things spring to mind,
1, vermin in general are very intelligent and not slow witted, something to represent this?
2, A cornered rat WILL fight and for his size can give a good account for himself even if he does die he will leave a mark.
3, Rats to me have a sneaky/vicious/cunning type of trait, perhaps a backstabber rule if they win a combat :twisted:

I'me not a ratty player but i do know a couple who are and might be converted to this corner.
Grufers

Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:21 pm
Site Admin

They also seem to be quite bold and crafty, as the one living in my garden has shown. :mrgreen:

I think using a ' grass strimmer' round the area where we think he/she was living scared it off!

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Dying a bit easier seems like a good idea but that's only because I expect to see them regularly as opposition :mrgreen: :roll:

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:22 pm
Site Admin

I have started on the feature rules for the Ratmen (or perhaps they will get called 'Ratkin')

Once I have a base profile to accompany them, it will be posted here so folks can chime in with contributions to some of the factions :mrgreen:

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:07 pm