The Teuontic Order 
Site Admin

Post The Teuontic Order
First draft here.

Attachment:
Teutonic order v1.pdf [482.88 KiB]
Downloaded 1071 times

Please read and provide comments.

Also, please note the rule 'martial prowess' this may get used for a few other troop types

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Post Re: The Teuontic Order
My rulebook is still in transit, so please bear with me if there is a reason for this, but one question:
Is it by design that Teutonic and Crusader Knights are KA 3 if mounted, but KA 4 if on foot?

Thanks!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 am

Another question... in the Crusader list, mounted crusader knights can be in a mixed formation with mounted sergeants. Should not the same apply to this list for the Early and Late Crusades periods, when mounted sergeants are allowed?
Just a thought.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:54 pm

And a further question... what is the cutoff date between EC and LC? I ask because the Teutonic Knights were established after what some consider to be the EC, so it might be appropriate to limit this list to LC and NC only. Just a thought.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:53 am

KA4 for Dismounted Knights is intended - you´ll find that also in other medieval lists. It represents that Dismounted Knights were amongst the best fighters, and that they are often using weapons like good hand weapons, halberds or double handed weapons.

Mixed formation...probably. It seems the lists are done by the same Author, but i don´t know if he changed his mind on this rule, forgot it or simply wanted to try a different approach.

Agree, Teutonic Order might be better only Late and Northern Crusade.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 am
Site Admin

Thank you for the info/questions and welcome to windpeoples.

The author (me) acknowledges a limited knowledge in the list itself, compounded by my principle books still being in storage.

On the mixed formations, I did that to make the lists a little different on the crusader options

The EC option is easy to delete, it is a good point and one I should have spotted :oops:

Goltron has already answered the foot and mounted option reasoning (thank you)

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:23 am

Thanks for the welcome... I am thinking that I will be spending some time in these fora :)

Regarding the difference in KA between foot and mounted, it was not that I considered that foot should be KA 3, but rather that mounted maybe should be KA 4 (I think I saw at least one list with KA 4 mounted).

On the mixed formations, I understand. The idea is not to have identical lists.

Another question: Will there be a Templar/Hospitaller list? I believe there is enough difference with the later Teutons to warant it :)

Many thanks,

Windpeoples (aka Jorge)

Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:57 pm
Site Admin

Yes to Templar/Hospitalar,

As the profiles are quite flexible, much depends on what we are trying to achieve when its KA4 or 3. There are not many KA4s, foot or mounted.

As the lists develope and we play more and more games across the whole community, the profiles may, or may not change.

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Hey guys, I am new here to the forums and have been a long time Teuontic Order player. I have one quick question about the list, why isn't there an option for crusading infantry in the NC time period? I remember reading about how the crusading knights would bring infantry with them. Also it seems like the point costs for all of the Allied Formations are a little off, especially the native cavalry for 4 points seems hard to believe.

Thanks a lot
Abe

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:29 am
Site Admin

Welcome Abe

Yes the cavalry is a typo, surprised no one spotted it sooner

Should be 12 points

And yes the rest need an upgrade as well. I am surprised I managed to miss that :mrgreen:

Thanks for that, will amend (but first question of my own below)

Crusading infantry, what sort are you thinking about?
The basic infantry are the same in both lists (supporting infantry in the TO list) and the other options are (I think) all covered. As the list says, I am no expert on this period (and clearly can't add up either :oops: ), I have some books, but that's about my lot so any observations and feedback is most welcome if there are missing troop types

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:44 pm