It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:31 pm

The Crusades v1 

Post Re: The Crusades v1
hey guys, I just got the rule book and of course I want to play the crusades, the battle of Arsuf is what I would like to do. Anyway, for the Christian side of the battle I would like to run King Richard I along with the Templars and the Hospitallers. Are there any guidelines or lists that would accommodate this? Thanks for your help!

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:40 am

Hi twodogz79. Have you had a good look through the FREE medieval W&C armies book at the top of this forum? There are many different lists that should inspire you or even hit the nail on the head wrt what you are looking for. I can't be more helpful as I know little about this period :mrgreen:

Remember that a list in the book that is in blue has its own separate list in the forum that is more developed. Also, the group is always happy to hear new ideas if you have an in depth knowledge of the period.

Out of interest is the list at the head of this thread not suitable?

Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:07 pm

Dave Gee, thanks for the input. Yes, I have gone through all of the lists several times, love 'em. I guess my question is this; For a historical battle could I (for lack of a better term) cut and paste different parts of a list to make a historically based order of battle? For example:

King Richard I is in the Feudal English (#23) list. So that would be my main list. However, in the allies section of the list I can't take any military order, or crusaders. So I would just add the Hospitalers (#46 Ilkhand) and Templars (not listed). And sense this is a crusader army I would add the optional rules to the entire list from the later crusader list (#17)

Clear as mud?

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:37 am
Site Admin

twodogs

sounds like we are on the way to a new, specific list for that battle and related events - so, if you want to dump those ideas into a document and send them to me, I can tidy them up and put them online - ideally with some suitable opposition obviously :mrgreen:

I have a similar document for the battle of Chalons which is just getting some external commentary so this will be handy indeed

Many thanks

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:22 am

Praise from Caesar! I would copy and paste to get a list together and get gaming. See what works and what needs adjustment and post it up here as Rob says. Confusion to the enemy and death to the infidels! ;)

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:06 am

Will do, Rob.

I will work on that tonight and get it right over to you. ;)

Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:38 pm