It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:04 am

EIR Romans Vets vs Experienced. 

Post Re: EIR Romans Vets vs Experienced.
I have just started building an EIR army, this will be my first 'classical' army. I have gone with Dave's AOL, but there would not be a problem using the same troops under the WAC or any other list. There are no really contentious troop types in either if I recall. I will put a unit of Contarii in mine, there are references here and there for such units as there are also references for Lanciarii, which I will not be adding. As long as you let an opponent know what's there and why I can't see you running into a problem.

I am still looking into the Contarii and hope to convince Dave to think about adding them or I could pay him in Haggis.

Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:47 am
Site Admin

Use either the V2 list in this Classical section or if you prefer the one on Daves blog, (I haven't looked at that one yet as I have been away for the weekend, but I suspect its comparable) The one in the classical book is a shortened version of V2, but as it assumes some knowledge of the rules, and you are new to the game, I would suggest use V2 on this forum so you can get started and settled in with the rules and details. I understand with so many list choices it can be confusing as you get started.

However - all the players are always keen to help steer new players in the right direction - so welcome in and ask questions - it really doesn't matter how simple you might think the question is, its much better than not knowing!

I do have a version 3 for the EIR on the way following some player feedback from a club Roman campaign which I will upload (along with a new warband list as well) once I have settled on a new list format, and then got a decent programme to make the job simple rather than the long winded exercise I currently use :mrgreen:

@DAVE - not sure on the result from the Saxon Viking game - I think it was quite close as I recall You were named and shamed an awful lot today though (by a certain individual in particular obviously :mrgreen: ) but I suggest the Devises thread and pictures may yield more once its uploaded tomorrow

Now off for tea and sleep!

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Homogenising the various lists is the ideal, with one definitive 'canon' ... but as Lurkus said earlier use whichever you think best fits your army, agree with your opponent too, plus check the notes for any event.

Rob and Dave would definitely appreciate any/all feedback on the lists.

Cheers

Matt

Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:42 am