It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Mycenaeans v1 
Site Admin

Post Mycenaeans v1
As theres a lengthy battle report in the General Discussion area, heres the list to go with them

Attachment:
Mycenaean and Minoan armies v1.pdf [473.06 KiB]
Downloaded 667 times

As ever, comments welcome

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:48 pm

Post Re: Mycenaeans v1
One of the favorite army of the period, and as Olaf and me ordered an army for our coming biblical campaign i had finally also a look on the list :D.

I think this is a solid list featuring all important parts. Maybe a bit generic, but a big Legends of War Section makes up for this!

As always, some notes ;).

Both the Dendra Charioteers and the Spearmen used very long, double handed spears. I think these could be clases as Kontos/Long Thrusting Spears for +1 pt, making them also a bit more special.

Spearmen and Warriors seem to be a bit to expensive. For the Spearmen i think Mo6 with the same point costs would be appropiate. For the Warriors i´d leave out the undisciplined rule, as the reason for the change to lighter equipment might have been increased mobility. Imho 8 pts without Undisciplined would be appropiate, but light armour should be +2 pts.

Imho the formed archers might be a bit better, maybe KA3 and Mo6 for 8 pts or something like this.

Sea People light armour should be 2 pts, and in the other lists they are also not Undisciplined.

The Libyans are allways reported as being unshielded javelinmen, so i think it would be best to exchange their shield for javelins for the same point costs. The Libyan Noble is very expensive but this might be intentional.

I hope this helps :). I´m very interested in the Mycenaeans, having done some research about them for a list in that other game, so i´m happy if i can help with any historical evidence.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:27 pm
Site Admin

Thanks will review comments over the weekend

Its also a favorite period of mine (probably obsessed :o ), I have a 10 x 6ft table for the walls of troy, part of the town inside and plenty of space outside for the battles.

I also have the components to add a new board section with the Greek camp by the sea :mrgreen:

Future versions will get more detail, eg, Trojans and Mycenaeans as separate lists, with more Personalities- we will also do a complete miniatures range (I hope)

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:10 am

Quote:
, I have a 10 x 6ft table for the walls of troy, part of the town inside and plenty of space outside for the battles.

:shock: Amazing!

Quote:
Future versions will get more detail, eg, Trojans and Mycenaeans as separate lists, with more Personalities- we will also do a complete miniatures range (I hope)

Not to forgett the Minoans! A Miniature Range would be nice, also for other biblical armies.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:29 pm