It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Army list revisions 

Post Re: Army list revisions
Hi Rob.

What lists are waiting for your final update?
I'm just curious :)

Sending the seleucids some time ago and there will come plenty of new lists from us (Robert, Andy and me).

Regards
Olaf

PS: Happy New Year to all of you :)

Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Have you sent me selecuids?

I must have missed them, or forgotten :oops:

Ah yes, I can see a file I need to finish :oops: , so Selecuids, and then any of the 'short' lists not yet expanded. That should keep us all busy for some time :mrgreen:

My next proper project is a few examples of historical battles (each with several plausible battle objectives for each side), so folks can see the format, and produce their own for the site. That should be lots of fun and some can be linked into campaigns.

Happy New Year.

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Rob wrote:
My next proper project is a few examples of historical battles (each with several plausible battle objectives for each side), so folks can see the format, and produce their own for the site. That should be lots of fun and some can be linked into campaigns.

Look forward to seeing these!

I've drafted some notes for the Battle Of Ashingdon, but these are in an ad-hoc format so if you've a template in mind then please let me know!

Cheers

Matt

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Any chance for a summary of armylists that are already sent to you, Rob?

There must be plenty ;)

Hopefully we will have good and updated lists for more and more armies, that in mind it will be motivating for people to generate or update lists if they get an official version/feedback/update. I know you are busy, but some feedback would be great. There still is a lot to do and the more are assisting the better, me think.

Cheers
Olaf

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Olaf,

Unless I have missed some emails, I don't recall any 'new' army lists or expanded versions of the short ones being sent to me.

I would love to expand all the core popular lists, but as I am sure everyone will be aware, this is a massive project and on my own, will take a long time to achieve, so any help most welcome!

If anyone else has sent me lists and not seen a result, please resend the lists and my apologises for not commenting on them sooner!

I DO recall Robert/Goltron sent me something on the Byzantines which I will have to track down and respond to. (Rob if you read this, it might be faster if you resend the list- thanks!)

Matt sent me a few notes on Saxons which will filter into the next version

John Oman has also sent me some thoughts on additional warbands and Hundred Years War English.

I am expecting some notes on the War of the Roses list in the near future.

I am intending to expand several Japanese and related lists (Koreans first)
reasonably soon and post a version 2 of the Samurai list.

War & Sorcery is ticking along, I just need to play test the magic system before letting it loose. :mrgreen:

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:56 pm

I´ve send you the Byzantines again, together with some others ;).

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:55 pm
Site Admin

Got them, thank you! :mrgreen:

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Hello, recently played a game using Irish(Hibernian) vs Viking, the Irish seem to lack strength in units to stand face-to-face with the Vikings. Historical the Irish defeated the Vikings in several small battles and of course at Clontarf. The Irish were know for ambush attacks and fighting in rough (boggy) ground, wonder if something can be represented in the rules at a cost? The Irish later adopted some of the Vikings weapons and tactics, i suppose this is represented in the option to use Viking units in the army?

This is only an observation from an inexperienced player, have not played enough games of W&C to determine if the forces can be balanced. Owning and playing both armies, I am not looking for an unfair advantage, just the reasonable opportunity for both forces to win :)

Regards,

Carnyx

Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:13 pm
Site Admin

Hi there and welcome I hope you enjoyed the game - which lists were you using the ones from the Dark Age section or from the 'books of lists'?

Must admit I am not an expert on the Irish army beyond a few wargames based books - The Hib list in the Dark Age section was written by Dave Toone hes since added to it on his War & Conquest Blog

We (as in Dave and myself) are in the process of updating and standardising a lot of the lists into one set of 'super lists', and more about that during next week.

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks Rob!

We used the individual lists from the Dark age section, I will have to check out Dave's blog. The characteristics Light/Warband seem as if they are a bit at odds with each other. Warband seems to benefit from large units and Light formations max out at 18 figs, while the regular formation start at 18 figs. I will have to play a few more games though to get a better understanding of all of the nuances, additional small units should allow for the potential flank attack.

Lots of depth to the rules, makes for some interesting and fun games.

Cheers..

Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:15 pm