It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Point Clarification 

Post Point Clarification
Rob, If you look at the two unit profiles, one from the Early Imperial romans and the other from the Early Germans, are the points correct?

Just seems like in comparison, for one point difference the romans get armour penetration 1 and and AV of 3 compared to 1 and undisciplined.

I know there are some additional rules to take into account and the germans can buy light armour but even at that.

Im trying to get a German list to fight my fathers Romans and I thought i'd outnumber his better troops by quite a bit but on forst glance at the lists, it seems i'll have to spend a lot more than him to get troops that arent as good but in numbers that give them a glimmer of hope.

I know youve mentioned you used warband armies quite a bit in the past, so any tips would be much appreciated....

Attachments:
temp3.jpg
temp3.jpg [ 101.13 KiB | Viewed 343 times ]
Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Point Clarification
Stew

points are correct

Germans are Resilient, which provided they are a decent sized unit should help them enormously against the Romans, also warband gives them Weight of Numbers, which again, provided the units are of a decent size will help.

Basically collect several large blocks of troops led by Personalities and then a couple of smaller light formations or cavalry to take on the flanks - these may also benefit from a Personality or 2

The army is designed to have some staying power in combat unless the dice gods desert you

If you want cheaper troops use the Warband army list, but they will be slightly less reliable in a prolonged fight

www.warandconquest.co.uk

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Post Re: Point Clarification
Cheers Rob, much appreciated.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:02 pm